Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hekate
Reel Rookie

Remote only works for turning on TV

Jump to solution

Hi, I have a Roku Streaming Stick 4k (3820EU) that used to work fine.

Since yesterday I can press the red On-button on the remote and the TV starts and the Roku desktop comes up, but then I can't do anything, I can't select an app, etc. I doesn't do sh*t. I can only switch the TV off again.

The switching on and off works like a charm, which makes me think it's not the batteries, which I've changed nonetheless, but it didn't help, like I thought.

So, is the problem with the pairing between remote and stick being lost?

Thank you.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote only works for turning on TV

Jump to solution

@Hekateand @5YearWinter , it's possible that the remote has lost pairing with the stick.  Is there a "Not connected" message in the upper right corner of the Home Screen?  That would indicate that there's no Internet connection and that the Wi-Fi receiver embedded in the USB cable may have failed which would also keep the remote from pairing.  If the correct time is shown in the upper right corner, try pairing the remote again.

How to set up your Roku® voice remote | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Jump to solution

I’m basically having the same issue after 3 months of working fine. I’ve pulled the plug of the stick to reset it and everything works fine for maybe 10-15 minutes then it stops again. Changed batteries, nope. Redid the pairing, still nope. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Hekateand @5YearWinter , it's possible that the remote has lost pairing with the stick.  Is there a "Not connected" message in the upper right corner of the Home Screen?  That would indicate that there's no Internet connection and that the Wi-Fi receiver embedded in the USB cable may have failed which would also keep the remote from pairing.  If the correct time is shown in the upper right corner, try pairing the remote again.

How to set up your Roku® voice remote | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Hekate
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Well, sh1t.

Actually cutting the electricity of the stick for a short while worked for me, but then the Youtube-login was somehow lost and I had to log in again.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have no idea if the screen says Not Connected because I am typically in an app or show when it stops working again and need to pull the plug on the stick. 

0 Kudos