Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dugas

Remote for new Ultra will not turn TV on or change volume.

I have a voice control ruko device..everything was working fine..recently the ruko doesnt control the on--off feature...this ruko Is a 4k..also it doesnt control the volume..neither the voice commandor the volume control on the remote work...when I have tried to set up a new ruko....after unplugging power and hdmi cable..it asked me if I have a sony..which I answer yes..it then goes to hearing..ask me if I can hear it..I say yes..it then goes to the next screen asking me if I can still hear the sound..I say yes..it then tells me it can't set up the device to my tv..I have changed the batteries prior to going through these steps..I downloaded the app..this doesnt help with the volume that I have found..if someone knows how to fix this with out buying another ruko...it would be appreciated....

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote for new Ultra will not turn TV on or change volume.

During the process of setting up the remote to control the TV are you pointing the remote at the TV?  If it's a remote that uses batteries (i.e., not the rechargeable remote), try taking the batteries out for a few seconds and then try again after you reinsert them.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.