Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RaginCajun70
Reel Rookie

Remote does not activate the up/down/sideways/OK buttons

Mine is a Roku Streaming Stick +, model 3810X, FCC ID TC2-R1018, IC 5959A-R1018, S/N YH002L187596.  I can't get to the Settings menu because the remote does not activate the up/down/sideways/OK buttons.  I did try pushing the Home button 5 times and the Back button 5 times, and nothing happened.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: roku express+ stopped connecting to wifi

Hi @RaginCajun70,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your problem with your Roku remote. What type of Roku remote are you using right now? (simple, voice remote, or voice remote pro) If you're using a voice remote or voice remote pro, please ensure that your Roku remote is paired to your Roku Streaming Stick + so you can use it for navigation. You can check out this support article here on how to set up or pair your Roku voice remote and Roku voice remote pro. You can also check out this support article on how to fix your Roku remote that is not working.

Let us know how it goes, and we'll be glad to assist you further.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote does not activate the up/down/sideways/OK buttons

@RaginCajun70-

Roku Streaming Stick 4k+ (3821) comes with the Roku Voice Remote Pro.  This is a point-anywhere WiFi remote that must be paired with your Roku stick in order to communicate with it.  By default, the TV control buttons (power toggle, volume, mute) control the TV directly via infrared.  If your remote previously worked and now does control the Roku, it probably lost its WiFi pairing to your Roku.

Video from Roku re how to pair point-anywhere remote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK3T6eXqPU8

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos