Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote automatically loads Spotify

I've had a Roku Express 3930 (simple remote) for six months now with no problems but a week ago the remote started loading Spotify as soon as the device turns on. I can see the lights on the remote flashing like a button is being pushed repeatedly (and the device lighting up like it is receiving) but obviously I'm not pushing the Spotify button. I can't even get to the home page before Spotify loads and can't leave Spotify either because the button is still being 'pushed'. I've unplugged the device, pushed the reset button on the device and swapped out the batteries in the remote for brand new with no success. Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote automatically loads Spotify

If you have a Spotify shortcut button on your remote, it sounds like it is stuck in the depressed position.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.