Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROKU TV keeps saying my IP address is incorrect when I try to manually connect my remote app

Jump to solution

So I've Network reseted my TV and everything got a new Roku account and when I tried to connect my phone app remote to my TV the TV keeps telling me that I'm putting in the wrong IP address to connect them and because I have to do it manually because for some reason my app is not even recognizing my device and they are on the same wireless network

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: ROKU TV keeps saying my IP address is incorrect when I try to manually connect my remote app

Jump to solution

If nothing else works, try unplugging your modem for a few minutes.

I had the same issue but just fixed it. My app has been connected to my tv for about 1-2 years. Tonight it refused to connect despite NOTHING being changed. Same network, same everything. It wouldn't even connect manually with IP address.

I have Spectrum (cable, phone, tv) and went into the My Spectrum app. Next to modem, it said STATUS UNAVAILABLE. Router was fine. So I unplugged it for a few minutes and now my phone and tablet can find all 3 devices.I

So try unplugging the modem and router for a few minutes. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: ROKU TV keeps saying my IP address is incorrect when I try to manually connect my remote app

Jump to solution

Hi @catesnowdon50,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We see that you're seeing an issue when connecting to your Roku mobile app. We're happy to help.

If you haven't tried this. Reinstall the app and then make a restart on your Roku device then try again to see if that makes a difference.

We'll look forward to your update.

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@catesnowdon50, if you performed a network reset on your TV then it's no longer connected to any network, so it doesn't have an IP address.  The only way to get it connected to a network is by using a physical remote.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

Jump to solution

If nothing else works, try unplugging your modem for a few minutes.

I had the same issue but just fixed it. My app has been connected to my tv for about 1-2 years. Tonight it refused to connect despite NOTHING being changed. Same network, same everything. It wouldn't even connect manually with IP address.

I have Spectrum (cable, phone, tv) and went into the My Spectrum app. Next to modem, it said STATUS UNAVAILABLE. Router was fine. So I unplugged it for a few minutes and now my phone and tablet can find all 3 devices.I

So try unplugging the modem and router for a few minutes. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.