Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Onn tv remote not working

Hey so I have a 32" onn roku tv I've had for a year and up until about a few months ago it worked great.  But not the tv remote wont seem to work. It will on occasion work but 9 out of 10 times won't. Iv tried all the basic problem solving tricks like restarting and different angles, unplugging and not nothing has worked. I have two other roku tvs and iv tried those remotes and i bought several extra remotes online(because of kids) to have spares. All remotes work on the other tvs perfectly just not the 32". Right now the only thing that constantly works is the roku app remote.  Is there anything iv missed to fix it or is the tv a lost cause?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Onn tv remote not working

It's possible that the IR receiver in the TV is bad (or covered by something).  Does the remote work any better if you're right on top of the TV?  Also, sunlight, florescent lights, or another remote lost in the couch cushions with a stuck button can all cause interference. You can always get a voice remote that has to be paired with the TV and works similarly to how the app works, so it should work when the others don't.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.