Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bmccor1
Reel Rookie

New Roku stick remote not working

Jump to solution

I just bought a brand new Roku 4k stick and as soon as I turned it on for first time, it prompted me to pair remote. But my remote does not have a pairing button. Anyone know how to pair a brand new Roku stick and the remote it came with without a pairing button?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: New Roku stick remote not working

Jump to solution

Assuming it's a voice remote (there should be a microphone button on it), you can put it into pairing button by pressing and holding Home and Back (the two buttons next to each other at the top) until the light on the remote starts flashing.  If there's no microphone button, then it will never work with a stick and you somehow got the wrong remote.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Assuming it's a voice remote (there should be a microphone button on it), you can put it into pairing button by pressing and holding Home and Back (the two buttons next to each other at the top) until the light on the remote starts flashing.  If there's no microphone button, then it will never work with a stick and you somehow got the wrong remote.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Bmccor1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This solution worked perfectly. Thanks very much!! 

0 Kudos