Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Craigmahoney95
Reel Rookie

Looking to get Replacement Remote

Hi there, 

It’s been difficult to get in contact with actual support for my issue. Hoping this will solve that. We have a roku express in our living room. The remote was working fine one minute and then the next it stopped working. I tried all the trouble shooting listed and even a few things people said online, but nothing worked. The remote only works when it is directly in front of the receiver, up to 2” away. It’s so odd. We have another roku in another room, so I took the remote from that one to test it in the living room, and it worked fine. Thinking maybe the LED on the remote maybe burned out? Was wondering if I could get a replacement remote as we’ve had this product for less than 2 months, and our other roku is like 4 years old, and still works. Thinking the remote may have been faulty from the get go. Just looking for some help or someone to connect with on the issue. Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Looking to get Replacement Remote

Hi @Craigmahoney95

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? Please reply here with the serial number of your Roku device associated with the affected Roku Remote. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself.

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you better.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Craigmahoney95
Reel Rookie

@RokuLianna 

My device serial number is X004008EX2UY. I was using it, one minute the remote was working and then the next it didn’t. I tried all the trouble shooting steps listed on your site. Nothing worked. This included trying multiple sets of different batteries. We have a roku in another room, so I took that remote and tried it on the roku in our living room. It worked fine. I took the batteries out of that remote and tried them in the one that wasn’t working, and it still didn’t work. Finally I tried using the remote directly in front of the receiver, and it will work directly in front of it, up to 2” away. Then it does not work. Really inconvenient when you are trying to sit on the couch and select shows. I was wondering if a replacement remote could be sent, as this is only 2 months old. It was purchased on Nov 24, 2022 from Amazon.ca. Our old roku that is in another room is about 4 years old and still works. So thinking this new remote might have been faulty from the get go. Thanks you.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @Craigmahoney95

Thanks for following up.

We'll have a member of our Support team reach out to you via email, they will continue assisting you from there and provide a resolution to this issue.

If you need any additional help and we’ll follow up to continue assisting you.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos