Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ivan7
Reel Rookie

Latest Roku stick Home short cut icons not showing on Projector

I plugged my Roku stick into my projector HDMI port, and it seems to work fine, except when I add a channel it does not show up on the home menu's icon channels.  

I have played with the settings, where there is a display short cuts, which doesn't seem to do anything.

The projector is a Jafar, and it worked on older Roku sticks.  It does auto-sync for 1024 or .7.  I tried locking different screen resolutions on the projector, but no change.

To make it work, I search the already installed channel history, reselect the app icon installed, and start a channel that way.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
ivan7
Reel Rookie

Re: Latest Roku stick Home short cut icons not showing on Projector

This is a Roku streaming stick 4K media on a projector 1K.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

I've seen a few people report something similar, but I don't think I've seen a definitive solution.  Make sure you perform a "System restart" from Settings->System or Settings->System->Power (as appropriate) to see if they show up.  You might also want to check for a "Software update" from Settings->System while you're at it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
ivan7
Reel Rookie

So my updates were current, so that wasn't the issue.  I restarted from cold power off, to try the system reset but it started working.   Not sure of anything but a power off/on. 

0 Kudos