Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sandy398
Reel Rookie

Re: notification saying "Remote Control" on TV screen when not using the remote

I have called and called and even been hung up on and they didn't even call me back. I sent 1 last email and if I hear nothing, I'm going to my state general to file a complaint for breach of warranty and file a complaint with the Better business bureau. I can't believe I have to go to this length over a 100 product.... beyond frustrated.

JerryAM

Dang! I’m having the exact same problem. Re-paired and still flashing “remote control” on tv screen. Just started a couple days ago. Frustrating.

Sandy398
Reel Rookie

It brings me great pleasure to let you know, Roy reached out to me and we determined I did in fact have a defective remote. Roy keep me updated daily and had a brand new remote shipped to me in 3 days. I followed his instructions and paired my new remote to my system and it's been 2 days now and I no longer see the battery icon flashing on my screen evey 6 seconds, and I don't need to keep the remote plugged in daily to keep recharging it. I told Roy I would post to update the service and replacement of my remote. I'm very happy again as a Roku customer. I have had several Roku products and never had issues until now. It was frustrating at 1st, I didn't hide that fact, but the outcome was professional and spot on for a company who does care about the product they sell. I believe Roy will address a few issues within Roku and I do believe he will see to it, it doesn't happen again. My remote was defective, and they replaced it. Productive outcome. Thank you Roy.

Sandy398
Reel Rookie

Call Roku , don't mess around with messages, call and speak with Roy and explain you are having the same problem I had. They will walk you thru basic trouble shooting. If still not fixed they will send you a new remote. It's not a prefect world and sometimes products have issues. Be patient and respectful but aggressive to get to the bottom of it. I'm sure they will assist in correcting the problem. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.