Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Roku replacement remote

Jump to solution

Having same remote battery problem as others. I have updated firmware, plugged it into the wall and still batteries draining in few days. Need some help.

Model: 3921RW - Roku Premiere+

Serial: YHOOCF874343

Device ID: JG28CC874343

Jillandelf
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I bought mine Oct 20! It must be logged somewhere that there is an issue as Amazon offered a "replacement or refund" straight away. Obviously they must have all the details of model numbers etc and knew without even asking me. I would go to Roku if you can. Find the name of the CO and write to them! You've got nothing to lose!🤞🤞

Apoc
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My roku remote drains the battery Hella fast! It's not the original remote that came with the device bc it was lost. But this remote been eating through Mt batteries like a garbage disposal 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Yosemite-Sam

Thanks for providing us with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jillandelf
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi. My Model is RC494. Firmware version 2.01.19.108 I have done System Reset twice and Firmware version stayed the same.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Roxannev
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I agree with you 100%.  I think Roku is burying their head in the sand hoping we all go away.  Ive had 3 remotes and they all die within days of putting new batteries in.  Now one remote completely quit and will not work at all.  Roku said tough luck since you didn’t buy from us directly.   Best Buy said it’s over 90 days and they washed their hands of it.  Bad product, bad customer service.  Done with Roku. 

0 Kudos
Dlopez3609

Re: Roku streaming stick+ draining batteries

Jump to solution

I have 2 Roku.

Model RC339 drains the remote batteries within 3-5 days.

Mode RC608 Works fine.  I haven't had to replace batteries in months and it is still over 90%.

What gives? Any True solutions?

0 Kudos
cheryld

Jump to solution

I completed your remote update Oct 30, 2021 installed new batteries that afternoon & as of 11am on Nov 2 I have used 29% of the new batteries! It appears it will cost me more per month in batteries than to subscribe to Roku. Is there another remote that will work ?

0 Kudos
Jillandelf
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Had this reply from Roku: "This appears to be a hardware issue with the remote. Due to geographic restrictions, Roku does not have access to sell or ship remotes separately in the United Kingdom. You can try purchasing a new remote from third-party retailers like Amazon or eBay.

Unfortunately, the problem might occur due to a hardware issue with the remote. If the issue persists, please provide the following details for better assistance:

1. Name

2. Shipping address

3. Phone number

As a workaround, if the Roku is connected to a network, you can use the Roku mobile app as the remote. 

So, basically, buy a remote from anywhere or use your phone!!!😠

0 Kudos