Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PaulGor
Reel Rookie

How to Disable control of my TV in Roku Ultra remote?

Jump to solution

Check box in Settings next to "IR" is always there, cannot remove it.
Why I care: my Roku Ultra says in remote section: "set up your Roku voice remote to control the power and volume for your TV"

It's handy to control Volume BUT it's very bad that I will have this option ONLY if at the same time my TV power goes OFF when I press power button on my remote (by the way, does it turn Roku Ultea power off or just TV?) 😞
Is it possible to leave TV Volume control BUT do not have remote's Power button to turn TV off?
I usually have other stuff on other HDMI inputs of my TV and it's very bad that all of them are gone when I press Roku power button!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to Disable control of my TV in Roku Ultra remote?

Jump to solution

Roku devices don't turn off.  The power button on the remote is strictly for the TV.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to Disable control of my TV in Roku Ultra remote?

Jump to solution

Roku devices don't turn off.  The power button on the remote is strictly for the TV.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.