Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zachary_mu

How do I go about Picking the right remote

Jump to solution

How do I go about finding the right remote like I don’t understand how the simple remote is supposed to be the only remote that works with my express 4k+ but yet I have the one with the power and volume button!??? I got 2 or 3 like this and need new remotes but can’t find any with power and volume that are supported!!!! I also got a express 4k that’s the simple remote but want it to have the power and volume buttons…

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How do I go about Picking the right remote

Jump to solution

@Zachary_mu 

Some of the Roku devices come with just a 'Simple remote' (no power, no volume/mute).  However, most Roku devices, and all the newer Roku devices like your Roku Express 4k/4k+ can be upgraded to the 'Voice Remote' and the 'Voice Remote Pro'.  (both of these contain power and volume controls for the TV).

The Voice Remote requires batteries, while the Voice Remote Pro is rechargeable.

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories

---

My Express 4k+(3941) actually came with a Voice Remote, not a Simple Remote.  Generally, Roku devices with a (+) included in the model name will come furnished with a better/enhanced remote (Voice Remote).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How do I go about Picking the right remote

Jump to solution

@Zachary_mu 

Some of the Roku devices come with just a 'Simple remote' (no power, no volume/mute).  However, most Roku devices, and all the newer Roku devices like your Roku Express 4k/4k+ can be upgraded to the 'Voice Remote' and the 'Voice Remote Pro'.  (both of these contain power and volume controls for the TV).

The Voice Remote requires batteries, while the Voice Remote Pro is rechargeable.

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories

---

My Express 4k+(3941) actually came with a Voice Remote, not a Simple Remote.  Generally, Roku devices with a (+) included in the model name will come furnished with a better/enhanced remote (Voice Remote).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102