Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peddlealong
Reel Rookie

Hisense Remote control not able to use

Have a roku 3 system, model 4200 RT. Have the original remote that works.

Want to swap the remote with a Hisense Roku tv remote. The Hisense remote is a simple remote( no voice). The remote doesn’t have a pairing button. The tv is not a Hisense tv.  Is it possible to use this remote? Can’t so far. Thinking it’s because the tv is not a Hisense.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: Hisense Remote control not able to use

No it’s not possible.  I’d recommend a physical universal remote instead, like the One For All model.  What brand is your TV set?

@Tivoburkee knows about every single thing about remotes of any kind, so he should be able to help you in this situation.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Hisense Remote control not able to use

@peddlealong-

I'm assuming your goal is the be able to control both the Roku 3 and this non-Roku TV with a single remote.   You're not going to be able to do this with a Hisense Roku TV remote.

Roku TVs from Hisense and Sharp can be controlled by your Hisense Roku TV remote.   

Roku streaming devices have their own set of IR commands, different from Roku TV codesets, so no Roku TV remote will work with a separate Roku streaming device.

In all probability your non-Roku TV requires its own set of IR remote commands and cannot be controlled by your Hisense Roku TV remote either.

A Roku Voice Remote (about $20) will both control your Roku 3, and can be configured to control the power, volume, and mute functions of most brands of TV.  You can probably find this locally at Wal-mart, Target, Best Buy, etc, or you can purchase directly from Roku.  There is also a Voice Remote Pro model with an earphone jack for private listening and built-in rechargeable batteries.

Alternately, at the same stores you should be able to find an inexpensive universal remote that has codes built in to control both devices.   Just be sure it says it controls both your TV brand and Roku. 

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos