Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PerKj
Reel Rookie

Headphones plugged into voice remote (RC795) only working in mono (one side)

I just installed my Roku Ultra and its included voice remote (RC795).

The sound is only coming out of one side, i.e. I can only hear it in one of the two earbuds.

I have used the Roku3 for many years and never had this problem.

I have tested with several headphones first on the voice remote and then my mobile phone. They all work on my mobile phone in stereo but not on the voice remote.

Is this a hardware problem? If so I guess I am in trouble as I bought the Roku Ultra at Best Buy two weeks ago while on holiday in Florida, and now I am back home in Greece.

1 REPLY 1
PerKj
Reel Rookie

Re: Headphones plugged into voice remote (RC795) only working in mono (one side)

The problem has been resolved. 

I was PM'd by Roku who diagnosed it as a hardware problem and sent me a new remote. It's still with a friend in Florida so I haven't tested it yet but I am assuming it will work when I get it. 

In the mean time I found another great solution. This Roku supports Bluetooth headphones so that's what I am using now. It is in stereo and I don't have a cable to the remote. Brilliant. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.