Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JeanieH
Reel Rookie

Re: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

I restarted my Roku stick (again) and re-paired my remote (again) and now I'm back to the volume control being the only thing not working.

Logging in I was cheerfully informed that I have leveled up and gotten a reply badge, but I'd really rather just have the stuff work right, ya know?

0 Kudos
VAR
Roku Guru

Re: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

I agree after weeks and the list of complaints continues to grow there should have been something 
if my Vizio tv is no longer supported I’ll have no choice and with have to dump 100’s of dollars of Roku product 

0 Kudos
tpetrich
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Model: 4660X - Roku Ultra

Serial number: YJ007C051142 (CK3817051142)

Software version: 10.0.0 - build 4195-46

Device ID CK3817051142

Timestamp:  2021-05-16T14:59:57Z

Issue ID:  42-195-299

-----------

SAMSUNG TV

MODEL CODE:  QN65Q8DTAFXZA

0 Kudos
VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Your tv is not acknowledged by your Roku remote

they screwed up when they did an update to 10.0 ver and they haven’t a clue of what to do

0 Kudos
khristie3
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes I just fixed it.  I went to program remote.  While it was searching for remote I removed the battery and put it back in and pressed the button inside the battery compartment.  I then checked the settings.  When it asked if I heard the music I said no even if I heard it.  Then followed the instructions for the music to stop playing and poof my remote now works for volume and mute. 

JeanieH
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

OMG @khristie3 thank you! I just did something similar (settings>remotes & devices>remotes>voice remote(in use)>set up remote for TV control. Asked if I could hear music. Removed and reinserted remote batteries and lied and said I couldn't hear music. It said visit Roku support (haha) or try again. Selected try again and told it I heard the music. Got "success" message and volume control now works. Bless you muchly!

@khristie3 wrote:

Yes I just fixed it.  I went to program remote.  While it was searching for remote I removed the battery and put it back in and pressed the button inside the battery compartment.  I then checked the settings.  When it asked if I heard the music I said no even if I heard it.  Then followed the instructions for the music to stop playing and poof my remote now works for volume and mute. 

0 Kudos
konaman

Jump to solution

Volume control will not work.

Roku model 3810X - Roku Streaming Stick +

Serial number YH005T541298

Software version 10.0.0•build 4195-50

Device ID  C13955541298

0 Kudos
Lpoulos1021
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Model 3810X Roku stream stick +
TV Sharp LC-50Q620U

Issue ID 11-195-341

0 Kudos
JR209
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

THANK YOU CHUCH16!! After trying for days this actually finally worked for my remote. They might have sent a new fix because setting up the remote screen is totally different now... 

0 Kudos
Suzy71nc
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I did the same steps and it let me change volume but as soon as I went to The applications such Netflix volume stopped letting me from changing.

Update:

I take that back it's working!! Thank you.

0 Kudos