Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
weatherman1
Reel Rookie

roku ultra vol not working on 2 tvs

Jump to solution

i have 2 tvs the vol wont work.

ruko model: 4660RW roku ultra 

software version: 10.0.0 Build 4195-46

serial #: YJ00FS964657 (cs488f964657)

tv make: emerson

issue id: 57-196-959

2nd tv

roku model: 4660rw roku ultra 

software version: 10.0.0 build 4195-3046

serial #: yj00g5025100 (cs488g025100

tv make: sharp

issue id: 00-196-974

the only thing i haven’t tried was resetting the roku ultra which if i do i lose apps & i have tons plus if i reset i lose youtubetv..

0 Kudos
ssobel1234
Reel Rookie

Re: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

To whom it may conern:

After going into setting's, remote control it still does not work. It won't stop playing the music after putting in my tv brand, sharp. it's been like this for a few days. Please let me know how i can get this roku to adjust volume or turn off tv without restoration to factory settings which i can't do now because of youtube tv. 

issue id - 62 196 997

model - 3810x roku streaming

version - 10.0 build 4195 - 30

serial # - YH00E0019062 (C138AE019062)

thanks,

roku user

0 Kudos
CDeckard

Re: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Yes, the volume on my remote will not work.  It happened right after the update.  So frustrating!  I have tried to re-pair the remote.  Even went through the process of the "music" - it asked if the music started playing; I replied yes.  Then it asked me if the music stopped playing - it never did.  After 25 attempts, I was over it and gave up.  I was tired of listening to the groovy music....

0 Kudos
Suzy71nc
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Did you go to settings and add remote.  Once it starts to scan go to remote take the battery cover off of the remote there is a pairing button hold that down and it should start blinking and pairing with tv.  It works mine works fine now.

Suzy71nc
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

You have to go to your settings in Roku menu. Then look for remotes and devices setup new remote click 9n remote.  Then take the back off of remote and push the black button by battery compartment until it lights up.  This will syn the tv and remote.

bissce

Jump to solution

Model 4660X - Roku Ultra

Sony Bravia - KDL-52XBR9

Issue ID:  46-197-041

0 Kudos
Susanle59
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

You have to go to your settings in Roku menu. Then look for remotes and devices setup new remote click 9n remote.  Then take the back off of remote and push the black button by battery compartment until it lights up.  This will syn the tv and remote.

I did this multiple times. The power button still does nothing.  Got my volume buttons to work with the simple reset but that ‘broke’ my power button.  Obviously with so many people still having issues roku needs to reply to this thread with what they are doing.  It’s ridiculous they have not commented as to what a going on. 

0 Kudos
tjconant
Reel Rookie

Re: My Roku Ultra remote won’t power the TV on

Jump to solution

Was this ever resolved?  I too have the same issue with a Sharp AQUOS TV.  The Roku Ultra remote changes channels and volume and will turn TV off but not on?

0 Kudos
ssobel1234
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I followed your instructions. After pairing the remove which was success it went into the screen where you have to type in your tv brand and the music wont stop playing. Even after pairing the remote it still does not turn off or adjust volume and i cant do a factory reset because of youtube tv. 

Please let me know

0 Kudos
Suzy71nc
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Mine did not ask me for my brand of tv. Once I out in for new remote and I pushed the button in the Roku remote and it synced no issues. It ask if you could hear music.

0 Kudos