Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
glennms

Re: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

i have two Rokus for different TVs and both stopped working at the same time. The remote still changes channels but the pwer and volume and mute buttons no longer operate. Changed the batteries but that did not help. It apparently is an issue with the newOS. Will Roku give me new remotes that work or fix the problem?

0 Kudos
Smonsterr

Re: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Model:3800rw

SN:YF00HW086764

software version:10.0.0

@RokuDanny-R 

0 Kudos
Litatang

Jump to solution

Model RC193

firmware 2.01.19.108

non-functioning volume control for several weeks now. The “fix” doesn’t do anything

😡

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Your Roku device model: 4660RW 

TV make/model and AVR make/model (if applicable): Dynex

Issue ID: 67-197-596

0 Kudos
Ljpounds

May 15 2021 update ruined my volume

Jump to solution

After the May 15 2021 update, I have to turn my volume up 10x (literally) what I did the day before just to hear it, and even then its not as loud and clear as before.

After checking a couple of things I knew to check for an update.  Because I'm well aware that every time Roku does an update something gets screwed up.

Seriously?  

0 Kudos
Susanle59
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I went to this article and then selected it was not helpful and completed the rest of the form.  Still have not heard from roku but maybe if more people do the same???

https://support.roku.com/article/1500010864801

0 Kudos
judes
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Still having an issue after many weeks and many attempts to fix this. Including working directly with customer service.

Roku Device Model- 4670x Roku Ultra

TV make/model- RCA RLDED4215A-F

Issue ID 80-192-454

0 Kudos
AlexGreat
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

RoKu must have the stupidest people working for them. I had an unpacked roku at the house that in opened to use while they fix the problem, and ROKU pushed the 10.0 update to that one too. THE Morons are still pushing the update as thousands of people have had their remotes broken.  I have waited over a month, and i do not think they are taking this seriously. I am now telling them that i will wait until sunday, and if new update is not released, or old one rolled back, i will be ordering Amazon product to replace the rokus in the house. I will never buy another roku product EVER!!!!!

0 Kudos
Suzy71nc
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I had the same issue with all my TV's.  Did you go to settings and add a new remote device?  Before you scan take the back off of the Roku remote and hit the pairing device and then in settings have it scan.  This fixed my volume issue with all my TV's.  

0 Kudos
moviegourmet
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
  • Roku Ultra device model 4660X
  •  
  • TV make/model Samsung Model  UN50F6350A
  •  
  • Issue ID  19-197-361
0 Kudos