Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NoBS1

Re: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Roku Model 3931RW-Roku Express+

Samsung UN40EH5300F

Issue ID RC-195-181

0 Kudos
Chuch16
Reel Rookie

Re: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

I don’t know if this will work for anyone else, but I had tried to reprogram the remote hundreds of times (maybe a small exaggeration but seems close to it over the past few days). When I go into Settings > Remotes & Devices > Remotes > Enhanced Voice Remote (In Use) Set up remote for TV control, it would ask if I hear music playing. I would and would click “Yes, music is playing” after that it would seem to jump a screen and say “Success! Your Roku remote is set up to control this TV’s power & volume” but it wouldn’t work. I guess I was pressing the OK button too hard, or for too long as I just realized that if I press it very lightly and quickly, I get another screen asking if the music stopped playing. When I clicked No, it then muted my TV and asked again if the music stopped playing. I said Yes and now am able to change the volume, mute and power on my TV with my Roku remote. 

JRobinson
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Model: RC127
tv: Sceptre model U550CV-U

issue ID: 65-195-231

0 Kudos
SteveJS

Jump to solution

I have 3 Roku devices (different models) and all 3 can no longer control the volume of the TVs to which they are attached.

0 Kudos
JeanieH
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Now nothing works on the remote and I have to use an app on my phone.

I hope this means Roku is trying to fix this.

0 Kudos
Kptmvp

Jump to solution

My roku remote does not turn up or down on volume attachment is my issue id 77-195-288

0 Kudos
VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Roku should be replacing all the equipment that’s in question . At my 2 locations I have , in service, 2 Roku sticks+, 1 ultra, 1 premiere with a new voice remote and  TCL Roku television 
As of this moment only my premiere with the up graded voice control remote has this issue . I will not buy anymore equipment. Roku needs to change their I t Dept because they did the update to 10.0 version without know what was going to happen 

0 Kudos
khristie3
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same problem.  Suddenly the volume and power buttons have stopped working.  I have done everything to fix the problem.  It worked fine for over a year.  Please help!!

0 Kudos
Suzy71nc
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

This seems to be happening to all my tvs that have the new update.  I have LG, element and Vizio tvs.  I had turned in one comment yesterday but having issues with all except my TCL tv.  Please fix asap. Obviously on the update it messed with other brand TV's.  Either send a patch to fix these issues or I will be forced to get another service for my streaming.

0 Kudos
khristie3
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes!  Roku please help!

0 Kudos