Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KellisRJ

Are there written instructions for the Roku Remote Pro?

Jump to solution

I'm old school and hate watching a YouTube hoping for the nugget I need. Where can I find detailed written instructions on how the pause/run, rewind and fast forward buttons are supposed to work? 

Example. I use the rewind, the scroll paints, the dot moves to the left, I select play and play starts from where I was at, not where I rewound to. How is it supposed to work in written Roku instructions? 

Example.  the button to the left of the microphone is "Rewind" How is that different from the classic double arrow rewind? If I tap it, how far back is it "supposed" to go? If I hold it down, how far back is it "supposed" to go? 

TIA

Ron

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Are there written instructions for the Roku Remote Pro?

Jump to solution

@KellisRJ 

Here is the Roku support article for the Roku Remote Pro. https://support.roku.com/article/1500000696321

However, the remote control works differently in different channel/apps (determined by the channel developer).

In one channel/app pressing the rewind button twice may rewind at 3x, while in another maybe 16x speed.  In others, you may need to press and hold rewind button.  In still others, you may need to use the arrow left arrow button to back up using frames.  No universal method to Rewind or FF.  

On some channels/apps I use, I have to press the down arrow button before I can use the Rewind/FF and Pause buttons.

---

As for the button next to the microphone (the instant replay button), that may/may not be used by the channel developer.  If used, maybe goes back 10-15 seconds.  In LiveTV, that same button is generally used to go to the last/previous channel used.  The above support article has descriptions of all the remote buttons.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

KellisRJ

Jump to solution

Can't say thank enough! I thought I was simply missing what must be obvious to everyone else and blame myself first, then rant "Who in the heck beta tested this." I had found that article but there's nothing about the buttons I am questioning. 

Freedom = choices = "Who  dreamed this up?" 

Thanks again!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@KellisRJ 

Here is the Roku support article for the Roku Remote Pro. https://support.roku.com/article/1500000696321

However, the remote control works differently in different channel/apps (determined by the channel developer).

In one channel/app pressing the rewind button twice may rewind at 3x, while in another maybe 16x speed.  In others, you may need to press and hold rewind button.  In still others, you may need to use the arrow left arrow button to back up using frames.  No universal method to Rewind or FF.  

On some channels/apps I use, I have to press the down arrow button before I can use the Rewind/FF and Pause buttons.

---

As for the button next to the microphone (the instant replay button), that may/may not be used by the channel developer.  If used, maybe goes back 10-15 seconds.  In LiveTV, that same button is generally used to go to the last/previous channel used.  The above support article has descriptions of all the remote buttons.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

KellisRJ

Jump to solution

Can't say thank enough! I thought I was simply missing what must be obvious to everyone else and blame myself first, then rant "Who in the heck beta tested this." I had found that article but there's nothing about the buttons I am questioning. 

Freedom = choices = "Who  dreamed this up?" 

Thanks again!

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.