Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QuiGonJohn
Roku Guru

58" Hisense Roku TV - Remote

Jump to solution

I have a 58" Hisense Roku TV. I notice my remote must be the most basic, because often, if I don't have it pointed right at the sensor on the TV, it doesn't work right, sometimes even with new batteries. Is there a Roku Remote I can get that will work with this TV using other tech, (I think RF is what works better). And if so, how hard is it to setup on the Roku TV.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: 58" Hisense Roku TV - Remote

Jump to solution

Either of the voice remotes will work with your TV, but you have to pair it first.

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories

How to set up and pair your Roku voice remote | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
renojim

Jump to solution

Either of the voice remotes will work with your TV, but you have to pair it first.

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories

How to set up and pair your Roku voice remote | Official Roku Support

QuiGonJohn
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Thanks. I am looking at buying the Voice Remote Pro. The page tells me it will work with my Roku TV. But something odd, it also tells me it will work with my Roku 2 (an older model, added to my account in 2012). But it is not listing that it will work with my Roku Express + (which is newer than the Roku 2, added to my account in 2018). Why is that? You would think it'd work with a newer Roku before it would work with an older Roku.

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@QuiGonJohn, you would think, but there were some early "Express" models that don't support the voice remote.  I don't know the reason.

QuiGonJohn
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

OK thanks. And BTW, I don't think the 2 Express+'s that I have were very early or the year indicated that I added it to our account is correct. In May 2019, we moved from Davie, FL to Spring Hill, FL. I am sure I did not upgrade my older Roku devices until some time after moving here. I bought them when I got an email promo from Roku as my in use (at that time) Roku devices were becoming unsupported. So that would be 2019 or more likely 2020/2021. I was able to find an order on the Roku site for (1) Express+ in April 2020. But I definitely have (2). Only one is showing. How can I see older orders? Oh, and the product description has the (2018) designation. And the one I am still using says it was added on May 14, 2020.

0 Kudos
QuiGonJohn
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I never did order one of these and am revisiting it now. I now see the Voice Remote Pro 2nd Gen. What has everyone's experience with that been? Cost is the same and I am leaning to getting the 2nd Gen. But I know sometimes the newest release of a product is not as good as the original.

Another thing, how come when (like today) I am logged into the main Roku site already, then go to the "Community Forum" I have to login again? It ought to be seamless!

THANKS!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.