Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaybytez
Channel Surfer

4800X Remote Not Working with Soundbar

Jump to solution

I have the JBL 9.1 and I have had this for a few months with my 4800X working and able to adjust the volume and turn the soundbar off.  This no longer works after yesterday.  Not sure if someone in my house did something with the remote but it no longer works.  Is there something I am missing?  While the setup remote in Roku says it doesn’t work for soundbars, it was for 2 months.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: 4800X Remote Not Working with Soundbar

Jump to solution

Hi @jaybytez 

Thanks for the post regarding your Roku Ultra device remote no longer controlling your soundbar.

As you mentioned in your post, Roku device remotes do not support control of the power or volume of non Roku external audio devices.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @jaybytez 

Thanks for the post regarding your Roku Ultra device remote no longer controlling your soundbar.

As you mentioned in your post, Roku device remotes do not support control of the power or volume of non Roku external audio devices.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jmlester

Jump to solution

I am having the same Issue with my Polk Soundbar.  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings @jmlester 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding the issue you are experiencing with your Roku remote.

Please be aware that Roku device remotes do not support control of third-party devices.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos