Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Uju
Reel Rookie

My remote Batteries constantly need resetting. It just stops working every few minutes.

My remote Batteries constantly need resetting. It just stops working every few minutes. And my battery strength is 86%. How do I fix this.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: My remote Batteries constantly need resetting. It just stops working every few minutes.

@Uju

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using with your remote? Have you already tried replacing the batteries in your remote to see if the issue persists?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: My remote Batteries constantly need resetting. It just stops working every few minutes.

I have had the same issues since I purchased my 73” Roku tv from the lees summit Missouri Walmart. It’s like the remote isn’t built to hold the AAA batteries it requires. I, on a daily basis, have had to open the back of the remote to turn them or just bang the remote on something, and THEN it works. Super annoying! You’d think after purchasing such a large beautiful tv that it would have at least a mediocre remote , but the tiny little thing with barely any buttons on it is just c r a p 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Kristinagustin,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

If you need assistance with your Roku TV remote, you can visit our Support page for troubleshooting here: How to fix your Roku® voice or simple remote that is not working | Official Roku Support

If the issues still persist, please contact your TV manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. For a list of Roku TV manufacturer's contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Uju
Reel Rookie

Hi RokuDanny -R (Roku Employee) 

Like I said in my earlier post, my roku remote would not work until the batteries are taken out and replaced and this has to be repeated several times during the course of the day. 

I have replaced the batteries with brand new Duracell batteries but nothing seems to fix this problem.

My Roku model is the Roku Express 4K+. 

I hope you can find a solution to this problem.

Thanks 

#ROKU Express 4k + streaming player

@RokuDanny-R 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Uju,

Thanks for following up and providing information.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos