Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danihearnlaye21
Reel Rookie

Audio not working on Roku premiere streamer

My puppy briefly jumped on our remote this morning and now the sound is not working with our Roku streaming device. We have tried unplugging it, changing the hdmi port, ruled out a tv issue (the volume works fine on the tv itself), and tried to reset it all with no luck. On the Roku app, I was able to play around with the remote control and get it so that the volume streamed from my phone in the app and that worked fine, but the volume is still not working when it should be coming from the tv. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Audio not working on Roku premiere streamer

@Danihearnlaye21 

It sounds as if the dog damaged the volume switches.

A new Roku Voice Remote from Walmart, Best Buy, Target, etc. is $20.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Danihearnlaye21
Reel Rookie

Is the volume for the Roku controlled by the remote? I don’t have any volume control buttons on my Roku remote

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Danihearnlaye21 

Roku itself doesn't have volume. The remote can control the TV in one of two ways, depending on your setup:

• Via CEC. Remote tells Roku, which tells the TV.
  • Via IR. You configure the remote to the TV, and the remote controls the TV directly.

It's kinda like the power button. Roku itself never turns off. The power button on the remote turns the TV on and off via CEC or directly via IR, but the Roku never actually turns off.

If the buttons on the remote are bad, it won't work either method.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos