Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV with only a coax cable input

Jump to solution

I have an old TV with only a coax cable input.  What Roku device will plug into the coax cable input and be able to get streaming from my direct TV streaming box?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: TV with only a coax cable input

Jump to solution

None and I'm not sure what you mean by "get streaming from my direct TV streaming box".  They are two different things and don't work together in any way.

If you don't even have the red/white/yellow RCA connections (which would still require a converter) you'd need an HDMI-to-RF converter to use any Roku device.  You'd also need an RF switch to switch between the Direct TV box and the Roku (if that's what you mean by the above quote).  You'd honestly be better off investing in a new TV.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: TV with only a coax cable input

Jump to solution

None and I'm not sure what you mean by "get streaming from my direct TV streaming box".  They are two different things and don't work together in any way.

If you don't even have the red/white/yellow RCA connections (which would still require a converter) you'd need an HDMI-to-RF converter to use any Roku device.  You'd also need an RF switch to switch between the Direct TV box and the Roku (if that's what you mean by the above quote).  You'd honestly be better off investing in a new TV.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.