Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FitzAlan
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku connecting to wifi internet

Is it the router or the modem that needs to be reset to b, g, n? I can access the router using Linksys Smart Wi-Fi, but I see no way to change the b, g, n. I cannot access the Ubee modem, other than the home page. The default user name and password do not work, before or after a reset. There is nothing on the exterior of the modem indicating the user name or password.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@FitzAlan, it's the router.  What's the model number of your router?  Note that b/g/n only applies to the 2.4GHz band and it's not clear if all routers are affected or just those provided by certain ISPs.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
FitzAlan
Binge Watcher

Linksys WRT 1900AC. ISP is Spectrum. 

0 Kudos
FitzAlan
Binge Watcher

Correction, Linksys MR6350. ISP is Spectrum. 

0 Kudos
FitzAlan
Binge Watcher

So what’s the theory, that Linksys sent out an update to its routers that disabled b/g/n standards in the 2.4 GHZ band? And there is no way to turn b/g/n standards back on?

0 Kudos
FitzAlan
Binge Watcher

Linksys Official Support - MR6350 Downloads.png

linksys says the last update was 3/31/22 and Roku worked for about six weeks after that. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@FitzAlan, that's the date the firmware was produced; not the date your device received it.  If they're anything like Roku firmware updates could take some time to rollout.  I'm not familiar with that router and their manual doesn't go into the advanced settings which may be where the wireless mode (b/g/n) is hidden.  Since you mentioned two model numbers, do you have multiple routers in your setup?  I notice the MR6350 is one of these mesh routers that seem to wreak havoc with Roku devices.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
FitzAlan
Binge Watcher

I have only one router, the MR6350. The other model was an ad on the router's home page. I've found nothing anywhere to suggest I can turn the b/g/n standards off/on.

It sounds like I better just throw this Roku in the trash and buy a new one. I just thought of something I'll try,  though. I still have an older router that I'll set up to run just this Roku.

0 Kudos
FitzAlan
Binge Watcher

Roku works now, though I made no changes. Must have be the threat to throw it in the trash. 🙂

0 Kudos