Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: I'm getting error message 014.30 and my roku device is not wanting to connect to my internet I h

Jump to solution

@Nottoday  So, could it be that your router is defective or something like that?  
~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
Nottoday
Channel Surfer

Re: I'm getting error message 014.30 and my roku device is not wanting to connect to my internet I h

Jump to solution

@Michelle3 I don't think so because other devices (computers, tablet) are connecting just fine.  As well as I've tried hotspot and even taken to a friend's house to connect and both rokus still refuse to do so

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Nottoday 

Pretty much gone through all the troubleshooting available to the end-user then.  If any are less than a year old, then should qualify for warranty replacement. (https://support.roku.com/article/208757058)

----

Would suggest trying to go one step up and purchase one of the newer dual-band devices (Roku Express 4k/4k+) so that you have the option of 5ghz.  Not sure how you powered these other other Express units, but try powering either the replacement or your new one using the supplied power adapter at the wall rather than USB power port of your TV if you did that.  

Sometimes an underpowered Roku device can lead to premature failure or won't power the device enough for the network chip to work properly .  If you haven't already, try these Express units with wall power. (any 5volt 1amp cell phone USB charger will work).  

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102