Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: How can I use WPS to communicate the WiFi password to my Roku Ultra 4660X

Jump to solution

Since I saw this reply in community - wow not having this WPS feature is bad enough, but after entering the very long password and it not connecting (even though I checked the password), it drops the password and you have to enter the whole thing again.  I'm not sure it even accommodates the lengthy password.  Extremely frustrating.  No other device in my house has difficulty connecting with my router.  Regretting purchase.

Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution

What is your Router Model?

You can change the password to an easier one.

WPS enabled is very insecure.

Is the wifi signal strong at your Roku.

Sometimes Routers get finicky when there are more than one wifi logged in.

Can you disable some of the other connections. Restart the Router and try again.

Good Luck

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Level 8

Jump to solution

These were many of the things I was trying.  But finally it hooked up after taking all the other devices off Wi-fi.  thanks.  Curious as to why I am now more secure with a short password rather than the 50 digit one the router recommended.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

Jump to solution

WPS is very easily hacked.  It should be outlawed and is always disabled and generally not even on option on corporate routers.

I was able to hack into my own WPS enabled router in about 5 minutes using a a simple script I downloaded.  I was interested how easy it really was and quickly disabled WPS.

A 6 character password with no WPS is much safer than a 128 character password with WPS enabled.

TheTick (aka "Moose Twit" affectionately called by chht)
Roku 3 for Pokémon TV / YouTube / Animal Planet GO / HBO GO. Chromecast for most other media because Roku Mirroring sucks , how many clicks in Wndows 10 (about a dozen) to Miracast on Roku vs 2 with Chromecast.
Verizon FIOS TV and Internet Service
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

That sucks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution

WPS is insecure.

If you havent gotten into the Routers settings the password is probably on the bottom of it.

Its not hard.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos