Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hills
Reel Rookie

HDMI Issue: our hdmi has quit responding. Tried 3 roku and 3 hdmi cords.

HDMI Issue: our hdmi has quit responding. Tried 3 roku and 3 hdmi cords. It might be a tv issue. (1) is there a roku number or email address strange I cant rind either online. (2) any roku able to be used without a hdmi? WE can access netflix and hulu through our samsung remote not discovery plus and others. Thanks!

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: HDMI Issue: our hdmi has quit responding. Tried 3 roku and 3 hdmi cords.

@Hills 

Does your TV only have a single HDMI port? If it has multiple, try a test by connecting to one of the others and see what happens.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Hills
Reel Rookie

It has 3 tried all 3 the ports work for other things not Roku. The Roku worked for a long time and quit one day. I thought there was a Roku that didn’t need hdmi I think Roku express + showing for older tvs but don’t see it online for sale. I have 3 rokus tried all 3 and also 3 different hdmi cords 

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

@Hills  So if you tried 3 different Roku’s in all 3 HDMI ports it’s obvious you need a new TV. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Hills 

If I’m following you, there are three separate Roku devices you tried on three separate HDMI ports on a single TV? And you’ve used three separate HDMI cables?

Just to be sure nothing has been overlooked, and assuming you have more than one TV (you got three Roku, so assuming three TVs) does every Roku work on the other TVs? And do the HDMI cables work on the other TVs?

If so, then yes, it’s the TV. But confirm via those tests.

No current Roku device has output other than HDMI.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Hills
Reel Rookie

Thanks great answer. Yes that’s all correct it worked great and one day quit. Tried our other devices and cords in all hdmi options. The tv works great and we can access Netflix and Hulu on the Samsung remote so it’s just discovery+ I am not able to get without Roku. 

0 Kudos
Hills
Reel Rookie

Thanks. We don’t need a new tv it works great and our Samsung remote lets us access Netflix and Hulu. For Roku we just need it for discovery plus so we just will not be able to get that channel. Thanks

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

You bought 3 Roku devices just to watch Discovery+? The HDMI ports are no good on your TV therefore it means you need a new TV if you want to plug anything into an HDMI port. Have you tried another TV? If you have one? How old is your TV? Keep in mind that TV apps are not updated and eventually go unsupported 

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Hills 
Three HDMI ports going out at the same time is very unusual. Possible, yes, but unusual. That’s why I’m looking for other things that would give a similar result.

What’s on the screen when you switch to HDMI? What’s the message?

DBDukes

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

@Hills  Do you have something like a DVD player or gaming system to plug into an HDMI port on your TV? 

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/4K-8K-and-Other-TVs/HDMI-Ports-Not-working/td-p/915958

@DBDukes  if all 3 HDMI ports join into one board it could be possible 

0 Kudos