Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vickie55

Frustrated about wireless connection

I have two Roku devices and multiple other devices. All of them are connected to my Wi-Fi on the same 4.2 g and one Roku device will not connect. I do not want to reset my router and everything in my house for one Roku device. How do I fix this problem?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Frustrated about wireless connection

Do you get any error messages/codes when you try to connect through the Network settings?

Resetting/restarting your router is painless and there's a good chance it will solve your problem.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Frustrated about wireless connection

@Vickie55 

If the suggestion by @renojim did not resolve the issue, be aware that some ISPs are making changes to their supplied wireless routers that impact the 2.4 GHz band. If the settings are changed from the traditional 902.11 b/g/n to g/n, that can cause connectivity issues with some Roku devices, particularly the Roku Express. You never stated which devices you have, so I'm uncertain if this might apply.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos