Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Whitney83
Binge Watcher

Re: Error 014.30 stuck for three days

Thank you I appreciate it. I have this post saved for reference in case another issue comes up.

hseve

YAY!!! This worked! Thank you so much for the detailed instructions and the pictures. I've been trying to troubleshoot and fix this for weeks now. 

infodepository
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku can't connect to Network

I cannot, for the first time ever, connect my Roku to my wireless internet. I've tried ALL the Roku webpage suggestions. I have Xfinity and use their new router. The problem is, despite the recommendation to change the router settings, Xfinity will no longer allow all the router settings to be changed, whether using the Xfinity app, or the admin tools. I could split my connection to 2.4 and 5, but unable to change mode, channel, or to b, g, n. Xfinity has taken control. So the problem here is between Xfinity and Roku. I feel really screwed over by both of companies. This is BS!!!

0 Kudos
infodepository
Channel Surfer

That doesn't work any longer.

I cannot, for the first time ever, connect my Roku to my wireless internet. I've tried ALL the Roku webpage suggestions. I have Xfinity and use their new router. The problem is, despite the recommendation to change the router settings, Xfinity will no longer allow all the router settings to be changed, whether using the Xfinity app, or the admin tools. I could split my connection to 2.4 and 5, but unable to change mode, channel, or to b, g, n. Xfinity has taken control. So the problem here is between Xfinity and Roku. I feel really screwed over by both of companies. This is BS!!!

0 Kudos
infodepository
Channel Surfer

Depending on which Xfinity internet service you have/modem, some cannot change the settings on their Xfinity modem/router. I am also one such person. I cannot make the changes to my modem as suggested here. They are either not listed on the Xfinity app, or they are grayed out on the web admin tools pages. So, the problem here is Xfinity and Roku not playing friendly with each other. I'm piping mad!!

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@infodepository, I'd be piping mad too, but most of my anger would be directed at Xfinity.  I refuse to have a piece of equipment in my house that I can't control.  AT&T forces me to use their router because of some BS, but it can be put into bridge mode.  I'm paying for their equipment (which should be illegal), but I use my own router behind it.  I'd suggest looking into that or another ISP.

Don't get me wrong, Roku should be looking into this problem and fix it on their end, but I'd be more upset about having a router with locked settings.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos