Lights & power

Add Roku lights and smart plugs to your smart home. Learn how it works with virtual assistants, get troubleshooting tips, and find resources from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sulohna
Binge Watcher

smart bulb schedule does not work at all

Jump to solution

My smart bulb is working fine when I manually turn it on/off.  I scheduled it to turn on/off at specific times and it did not.  Yes, I saved.  So I scheduled it to turn on/off at sunrise/sunset, and it does not do that either.  Yes I allow everything, and I saved everything.  It shows in settings start time as sunset, and end time as sunrise, but it completely ignores the command.  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: smart bulb schedule does not work at all

Jump to solution

Hi @sulohna,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community regarding your Smart Home Smart bulb scheduling, which is not working!

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried removing the schedule you have set up and setting it back up again to see if the issue persists?

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we'll be able to assist you further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @sulohna,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community regarding your Smart Home Smart bulb scheduling, which is not working!

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried removing the schedule you have set up and setting it back up again to see if the issue persists?

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we'll be able to assist you further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
IcemanUST
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Any suggestions?  I have the same problem - if not resolved I hope Walmart will take the bulbs back - frustrating for sure.

0 Kudos
sulohna
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I was able to solve the problem!  It's the instructions that confused me.  When youre setting the schedule, say sunset to sunrise, don't schedule both the on and off.  That's what i was doing.  If you just put ON for sunset, it will turn off at sunrise.   If youre scheduling a time, Schedule the on, and there will be an option for the off time.  But don't make another schedule for it.   I hope that works for you....I love mine now that I know how

0 Kudos
sulohna
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I forgot to say dont make two Whole schedules.  Just use the off option in the one youre making.

0 Kudos
IcemanUST
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Sulohna - Wow - so cool that you responded to help me - I will give it a try and let you know - it will be in a few days as I won't be at the place they are installed until Tuesday - all the best and stay tuned - what you shared makes sense.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.