Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: [Underinvestigation] Issues with Tablo TV Channel Not Scanning Local Channels

Jump to solution

For everyone blaming Roku, it is not their responsibility to test every possible app available in the Roku channel store with each OS update. That is the sole responsibility of the channel/app provider, and in this case that is Tablo. You are directing your anger at the wrong place. Only Tablo can resolve whatever the issue is. Even if it was the Roku OS update that caused the problem, the channel developer is the one that has to resolve it. The developer is supposed to be testing their product while the OS update is still in beta testing. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Fm34290
Reel Rookie

Re: [Underinvestigation] Issues with Tablo TV Channel Not Scanning Local Channels

Jump to solution

This is a rather perplexing problem.  I have several TV's of different brands.  I have two Roku Ultra units.  I have one Tablo unit.  All was well until my Vizio TV backlighting died.  I scrapped it and bought an LG UU75.  My Tablo hasn't worked since.  Same problems that others describe: OTA channels won't work.  Either they return to the guide when selected or, after playing with digital audio settings, I get video but no audio.  This is with my LG tv.  In a bedroom, I have a Sony Bravia which works flawlessly with Tablo and Roku Ultra.  So I used the WebOS on my LG tv, added a Tablo app to it and tried Tablo without Roku.  Success!  The WebOS is slower than molasses in January and gets hung on channels, but it is functional in terms of audio and video.  This leads me to believe that there is some sort of incompatibility issue with the LG tv and Tablo/Roku.  Hoping this information is helpful! 

CarlosS01

Re: Tablo 4 not working after 14.0 update

Jump to solution

Attempted to reboot Tablo app and router until I found this forum. Same problem as all who stated here: No local channels; constant return to guide w/out any channel viewing. This particular TV in the home is the only one experiencing this problem.

Model #: 3941RW2-Roku Express 4K+

S/N: X02200GXVG96

TV: Sony XBR

Device ID: S0HCK38XVG96

Issue/Tracker ID: 96-423-521

Software version: 14.0.4

0 Kudos
AuntEsther

Jump to solution

Also having issue when in Tablo4 app on my roku device i choose channel system tries to go to channel and then returns to channel menu

reset tablo , rescanned channels etc even though works on my android phone

then went to roku device removed tablotv app cleared cache , reloaded app

rescanned channels , same issue as above , checked android device on same wifi

works as designed , seemed to start when last Roku update took place...

Model 3920x

soft ver 14.04

tracking ID 99-423-583

0 Kudos
jodelavern

Re: [Underinvestigation] Issues with Tablo TV Channels will not play live or recorded.

Jump to solution
  1. Roku Model: Express 4K+   3941X

SN: X01600XEPSTG

Device ID: S07P219EPSTG

Software ver: 14.0.4

BUILD 12221-cr

GC Version:12.4.17

Timestamp:2024-10-21T14:19:48Z

Issue ID: TG-424-219

1. Channel Build version: I don’t know how to find this
  2. TV Make/Model: Samsung: LN40D630M3FXZA
  3. Tracker ID:

Tablo Version 0.8 Build:800

Tablo Serial Number: SID_5087B8520D36

Tablo Firmware: 2.2.52

1. I have recycled router, Ruko and Tablo several times and in different orders.

I reset Tablo (reset button).

6. It would always go back to guide when I clicked on Watch Live for some channels.  So I recycle3d everything.  For a while it would not find Tablo.  Then I recycled everything again and waited.  Blue light still flashing.  I left the house and when I came back, the blue light was not flashing.  But it still just goes back to the guide when I click on Watch Live for some channels.  

0 Kudos
spanishfly
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I believe it is an issue with LG TV as well,  Same exact issue for me but my work around has my LG working with Roku Ultra, check it out maybe it will work for you. 

0 Kudos
AuntEsther

Jump to solution

FYI after using Roku Audio changes from another post 

*Digital output : CUSTOM

*Dolby Digital & DTS : ON

*AutoMode : DD

2 of 3 TV  now work

problem TV is a SAMSUNG  i get video no sound

0 Kudos
rjhintz1

Re: Tablo 4 not working after 14.0 update

Jump to solution

Can't bring live TV or recordings on the tablo to work

0 Kudos
rjhintz1

Jump to solution

Tablo works from our fire stick, but not from the Roku

0 Kudos
chasv2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Believe us, Tablo is getting hammered as well.

Each one of us (affected) is dealing with it, within our own power.

The device/streaming support matrix for this industry, apparently SUCKS. There is no prevailing power, to monitor this.

So, we are left to workarounds, in various shapes and forms. Mine was to ditch ROKU, as my Tablo works on every other device maker in my house. If future issues include Fire Stick, etc. I guess we are powerless at that point as well. I just want a CONSISTENT vehicle for viewing my entertainment. Major downfall from the days of Cable/Satellite viewing, and support.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.