Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DVRinHouston
Reel Rookie

Re: Tablo 4 not working after 14.0 update

It’s a Roku Express 4K+, serial number X02200JSP8MF, model 3941X2, device ID S0HAK3CSP8MF.

I’m still getting no sound on the Roku-based TabloTV app, although sounds fine on the phone app. The ROKU-based Sling app for my AirTV Anywhere works just fine. Audio is fine. Same ROKU with Tablo: But Tablo gives no sound whatsoever. The only way I can get dialog is to use Closed Captioning, which seems to work fine.

Here are my ROKU audio settings:
* Preferred streaming format: Auto
* Digital output format: Custom/Dolby
Any other setting, and the Tablo app crashed back to the menu. Won’t play at all.

When will ROKU or Tablo fix this problem? I haven’t been able to watch a single Tablo recording for weeks now. Mighty glad I bought that backup DVR AirTV Anywhere. It never fails.

Is there any way for me to go back to Roku version 13?  Your deployment of version 14 without my consent feels like assault.  You killed my Tablo DVR, so I'm now screwed.  PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE!

lwstone5

Add another unhappy Roku Express 4k user with software 14.0.4 tablo problems, Last 2 weeks most OTA stations won't allow live playback - spinning circle then kicked back to station grid. changed roku audio to dolby and station plays but without sound. Have been patiently waiting for Roku to fix, but might have to get a Roku Streaming stick since it works fine on my office TV and the main 4800x Roku work fine also.

Roku Express 4k+

Model 3941X

Device ID   S07P21A6WN41

S/N   X01600Y6WN41

Application Version 0.8.800-734366

Software  14.0.4

DVRinHouston
Reel Rookie

I wouldn't buy another Roku product if my life depended on it.  I rigorously NEVER reward bad behavior.  Roku screwed me over with its version 14 update without my knowledge or consent.  It feels a little like rape.  Not one more penny will Roku get out of me.

deggenbe

Having same issue.  OTA channels dont work on Roku but works on all other devices in the house.  Have tried factory reset, leaving it unplugged for days, uninstalling the app, rebooting the router.  You name it.

Model: 3920RW - Roku Premiere

Serial number: YH003X729078 (JF2993729078)

SOFTWARE VERSION: 14.04 build 12221-91

GC version: 12.4.17

Timestamp: 2024-10-13T15:00:09Z

Issue Id: 78-412-740

Channel bld: version 9.3 build 10

bs36
Reel Rookie

Model 3941x2-Roku Express 4k+

Serial Number X02200WH9T9C

Device ID S0HAK35H9T9C

Software Version 14.0

My tablo app was going back to guide when you click on channel. I tried changing digital output to custom dolby digital. Preferred streaming format is Dolby. Changed from Auto. I get picture now but no sound after making those changes. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

0 Kudos
bs36
Reel Rookie

they know it is an issue. if you read some of the trouble shooting, people have changed audio to dolby. i tried this and it doesnt go back to the guide. it goes to the channel but there is no sound. tablo works on my iphone so i airplay it to my tv. 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.