Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
goatmouth

Re: [0S 12.0] Audio out of sync on Xfinity channel

• 4 Roku at residence, lip sync issues on all ONLY with using Xfinity Stream app. . Latest OS, No external stereo hookup. No audio sync issues with any other apo/channel. Deeply frustrating. 
0 Kudos
Indy919
Binge Watcher

Re: [0S 12.0] Audio out of sync

I think it's an Xfinity issue. Regardless, I just want the problem fixed.

0 Kudos
Laurascully
Channel Surfer

It's not Xfinity.  I switched to a fire stick.  Problem solved.  Many others in this thread have done the same.  Roku already acknowledged that they need to release another software update in hopes of fixing the issue but that it would be several months before they could do this.

JimmyO
Streaming Star

LauraScully,

Who told you that?  Support rep or product manager?  There are different Roku moderators providing different information.  Some indicate they are not aware of the issue.  One stated they were looking into it but nothing documented.  Basically folklore at this point.  

Comcast support has indicated now that they are waiting for Roku to provide feedback.  

Both vendors should be ashamed of themselves at this point with the lack of transparency.  This problem started eight months ago.  Roku needs to redesign software releases with a rollback feature as well.  

JimmyO

0 Kudos
Laurascully
Channel Surfer

It was a Roku person.  This was within the last 2 months.  This is when I finally bought a fire stick.  Just ordered a second one for my Samsung smart TV.  Sadly, my third TV is a Roku TV.  So I guess I'm stuck with that.

0 Kudos
lfortner
Reel Rookie

I don’t know if Roku is going to tell me anything to do to solve this issue or not. I haven’t heard anything from them. Thanks for your help though!!

0 Kudos
Leeza41_
Binge Watcher

Re: Audio continuously losing sync on Roku Streaming Stick and Stick+

I'm having the same issue  with the xfinity app on TCL TV and roku 4K+ streaming stick

0 Kudos
Leeza41_
Binge Watcher

Same here. Getting tired of it

0 Kudos
JimmyO
Streaming Star

I guess it is best to list a couple of workarounds that should avoid this issue until a fix is provided for Roku OS (months from now apparently):

1. This issue only occurs on Roku OS hardware or embedded in various RokuTV or vendor TV's with Roku built-in.  So you can swap out Roku for a Firestick 4K or another hardware device not named Roku in the interim.  Or scrap Roku altogether, they don't deserve your devotion at this point 🙂

2. I have not experienced the audio issue using the equivalent Xfinity Stream app on my Windows 11 Laptop or my iPhone 13 or Apple iPad 2018 (8th generation). 

3. The Apple products have built-in screen mirroring so you can then mirror whatever is on the device to a TV device that supports mirroring.

4. Roku also has a free mirroring component that might work for alternate devices to accomplish the same thing.

Again, not desirable but the only way to avoid the issue at this point.

JimmyO 

0 Kudos
ricbertsch
Reel Rookie

You can list the following to workarounds:

- Should you have a Smart TV utilize their Xfinity App. (I have an LG and use their Xfinity app with no problem occurring )

0 Kudos