Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
havinfun21
Channel Surfer

Re: [0S 12.0] Audio out of sync

I watch CNN on the xfinity app on Roku and also have the CNN app on Roku (which is signed in through my comcast account).... I have run both CNN on the xfinity app AND the CNN app on two TV's side by side.  The CNN app on xfinity constantly has sound issues...but the CNN direct app (signed in with comcast account) does NOT have the problems at all...  which I think would rule out the CNN feed to xfinity... but sure leads to roku and xfinity not working together... I also don't understand how technically the sound and picture get disconnected when the feeds to Roku do not send a picture and a sound signal separately.

0 Kudos
Chainsaw49
Channel Surfer

It seems interesting to me that when you watch on an app (not xfinity streaming) that when they run the comcast commerical it does not play on the app but only shows a notice that we are away on a commercial break and thus when regular programming resumes there is no handshaking or hand off that needs to maintain the audio sync. I have been watching Fox Business now this morning for almost two hours with no loss of audio sync. Seldom can i watch on the xfinity stream app for more than 15 minutes without this issue reoccurring. 

It does seem to me that as many Xfinity and Roku customers as there are, someone could help us know if someone is working on this or not.

amorelove

Same observation as Chainsaw49.

0 Kudos
SwEngineer
Channel Surfer

I have this audio/video out of sync issue on roku 4k stick and 4k+ stick. As roku as failed to provide any updates to fix this issue and has provided no date when this issue will be resolved, I am switching to fire stick.

I have been using roku and xfinity with out problems for more than 2 years.

I find it unacceptable that roku engineers released a product with significant issues. I also find it unacceptable roku hasn’t provided a fix for this issue in a reasonable time frame.

It’s time for the streaming community to adopt roku alternatives.   

0 Kudos
Bruski71

Per Xfinity's recommendation I switched to Amazon Fire and have had no issues. It's unacceptable that Roku has known about this since April and it's mid-June and there's no solution. I'll just use Amazon and unplug my Rokus. Buh bye.

0 Kudos
SwEngineer
Channel Surfer

I also switched to an amazon fire stick. No problems streaming xfinity with the fire stick.

I believe roku has had the issue for near 2 months and they need to pay my cable bill for 2 months.

Chainsaw49
Channel Surfer

I have no dog in this fight - but I only have the issue with xfinity stream - if I switch to peacock or USA app or

anything else I don’t have the issue- and interestingly enough I have 4 Rokus and two of them (wired ultras ) do not have an issue - which obviously makes it harder to troubleshoot - a third wired ultra passes through a Yamaha home theater system and has the issue - a brand new roku streambar has the issue- again only on xfinity stream - I am inclined to switch my other two ultras around to see if they duplicate the problem with the Yamaha or if the one with the Yamaha does not have issues with the other two TVs 

0 Kudos
Uncle-Keith
Reel Rookie

Re: [0S 12.0] Audio out of sync on Xfinity channel

I too,switched to the firestick now. Other than a few learning curves, I love it. I haven't had to restart anything, for audio to be correct.  Looks like I'll be replacing my 2 other roku devices.  

0 Kudos
mzblues1
Binge Watcher

Yes, it seems to be only an issue Live Streaming with Roku devices on the XFinity Stream App. No other Premium app has a problem. In fact, I tried the Mobile Xfinity app (not through Roku) and no problem there either. Hard wired probably not a problem as it's using wifi streaming as far as I understand. 

Through the Home System is another issue I've read about, but don't have that situation myself.

I haven't tried the Roku Mobile app with Xfinity Streaming yet...curious if it will also have the issue. I will try that when I have a moment. 

0 Kudos
mzblues1
Binge Watcher

Ignore the last part of my previous post.

I thought I could use the Roku mobile app to actually view live streaming tv, but it only works to control a selected Roku device like a remote. Can't actually view tv as I can with Xfinity'S Streaming mobile app (which BTW has no syncing issues). 

0 Kudos