Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sparklee
Binge Watcher

Re: Missing characters in text boxes

That's kind of like the sound problem. When sound drops, pick another station other than what you are watching, click on it, let it load, then go back to the original station with the sound problem. However, while we all have found walk arounds, you would think they would fix it so you didn't have to do this, wouldn't you? 

0 Kudos
Netraj

Re: Missing Text and/or boxes in place of text

I have restarted multiple times but it keeps coming back after sometime. This is happening on the Roku Home Screen for the stick on my LG OLED tv. 

0 Kudos
Fheuxbd
Reel Rookie

Happens on all channels.  Both soundbar and soundbar pro.  Happens multiple times a day on Soundbar Pro.  

0 Kudos

I am having the same issue with missing letters in text.

0 Kudos
Ianmac11
Reel Rookie

Tracker ID 9-382-49

Can't be sure if that's the complete tracker id because not all characters are showing 

0 Kudos

confirmed. Happens sporadically, maybe once a month. 
Just happened again this morning on a roku 4K stick.

all channels. The text is choppy even on your Home Screen , which makes it challenging to initiate a reboot …the only current fix for this problem.

0 Kudos
Snickyt-2023
Reel Rookie

I’m having the same issue. It Is on the Home Screen as well as the streaming channels. I have tried resetting the device but that is in a temporary fix. It gets so bad the channels are blacked out on the Home Screen.  It is so bad that you can’t see the setting option on the Home Screen so the only way to temporarily fix it is to unplug the device and wait a few minutes and plug it back in.This started in July of this year. 

Issue ID # 92-390-294

0 Kudos
Tobit
Reel Rookie

I saw this today. It appeared on two different apps (these are the only ones I've tried so far) and in the Roku menus. When it happened in the Roku Menu, it only happened for the currently selected item in the menu. I also saw it in the Issue report tracker window. 

The issue ID is 66-391-650.

Last 2 digits of device ID are 66

Image of the tracker window: https://photos.app.goo.gl/cXdrK69Rse7SRz5j8

0 Kudos
Snickyt-2023
Reel Rookie

There are 137 people that have reported this issue.  The only solution that ROKU offers is resetting the device which just turns it off and back on (if you unplug the device and plug it back in it accomplishes the same thing.  This is only a temporary fix and doesn’t solve the issue. So what is ROKU doing to permanently resolve this issue?? 

RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community Users,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

What Roku device are you using right now? What is your current software OS or version? Please be advised that Roku OS 12.5 will start rolling out to supported Roku devices and all Roku TV models. This should be fixed in the new update.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime.
Kind regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.