Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carstello
Channel Surfer

Re: Audio out of sync on Xfinity Streaming App

Thank you for your reply. I always have this problem with Roku devices. I have tried every settings adjustment and reset method I have found online. I have done the Restart method you detailed. The issue remains.

I am using a Philips 43" Class FHD (1080p) Roku Smart LED TV (43PFL4775/F7). I have 1250Mbps downloads service from Xfinity.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Carstello,

Thank you for informing us!

We will be more than happy to assist you further with this issue that you're experiencing with the Xfinity channel. Did you try to remove and re-add the channel? If not, please follow the troubleshooting steps below.

• Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press Star to open the Options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  • Re-install the channel: Scroll down to search, put the name of the channel or app, highlight the channel, and select add channel.

If the problem still persists, please try to update the channel by highlighting the channel tile, pressing the star button on your Roku remote, and selecting Check for updates.

Let us know how it works!

All the best,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Carstello
Channel Surfer

Yes. I have removed and re-installed. 

I have also checked for updates fir the Xfinity app and the Roku software. No change.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, @Carstello.

May we know if this is the only affected channel with the out-of-sync audio issue? Also, as per checking, you do have a few other Roku devices, was this issue occurring to all of them? Lastly, kindly try to change the audio mode to stereo by going to Settings > Audio > Audio Mode and observing the difference.

Please keep us updated on what you have figured out.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Carstello
Channel Surfer

So far, the Xfinity app is the only one. As for my other registered devices, they are no longer used since we have two of the 43” Philips Roku TV’s. We keep them registered in case something happens to a tv. However, the issue was occurring on those devices, prompting me to purchase Roku TV’s to see if it will stop. It hasn’t. I can’t use Xfinity stream and use a Roku device to stream it without a massive audio delay. The only way to avoid out of sync issues and enjoy my programs is to record the program and watch the recording as it is recording live.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us posted @Carstello,

This is a well-known issue that Xfinity is aware of. The audio out of sync has affected multiple users already, and we highly suggest to directly contact Xfinity and let them know about the experience you've had with their channel on the Roku platform. Most channels on the Roku platform are designed and maintained by the channel providers themselves.

We hope for your understanding regarding this.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Carstello
Channel Surfer

Thank you! I plan on resolving the issue by never buying another Roku product.

0 Kudos
vadeltachi
Streaming Star

Re: [0S 12.0] Audio out of sync on Xfinity stream channels -- STILL exists with distorted audio.

Here is a follow up from Xfinity:

Latest from Xfinity:  We have sent this up as far as our team is constructed to do, and the issue has been determined it is not something on our end. We would ask that you contact Roku as our team has exhausted all resources and determined there is no additional assistance we can provide you directly based on what you are experiencing, the issue is solely on Roku's end.

0 Kudos
vadeltachi
Streaming Star

Re: [0S 12.0] Audio out of sync on Xfinity stream channels -- STILL exists with distorted audio.

And the latest instance on my system:

eyalbBjOSBe0lFL2R07Dsw.jpg

0 Kudos
dansgen1alero
Streaming Star

This post is a little misleading which is why I had not posted on it before and actually created my own post here as well as on the Xfinity site. The A/V sync does appear to be fixed for me as of about 5 weeks ago, which meshes with the time Roku has posted that a fix was deployed. 

The audio fluctuations, or leveling, is still what I have an issue with that started October of last year and was not linked to the a/v sync and continues after Roku's fix for the sync. 

I called Xfinity yesterday and they gave me another credit and added additional notes to the ticket as this rep actually meets with the software dev team and a Xfinity team that is the Roku liaison. I also contacted Roku by chat and they are to reach out to Xfinity as well. Its sad that their customers have to get involved to get meetings done between the two so an issue can get resolved. 

I think the only way we will be able to get anything done is to call (rather than chat or email) xfinity, and have them run their tier one troubleshooting, but have them give you a call back an hour later so you get to their higher tier tech support. They seem to have some better knowledge. They offered me the credit without me even asking while the xfinity chat/forum email are saying that corporate leadership is denying any additional credits.   I expect to get a credit each month until they get this fixed and is the only leverage to get a fire under them to do something. 

0 Kudos