Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Express set-up - rejection of known valid WIFI password

@rrogers0613 @jazzer94 

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend taking a look here for more tips about troubleshooting that network error code: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

What I'm finding out is that I have already done and posted that I have done all of the things (see all of my posts about this issue throughout this forum).  Please stop sending out the "boilerplate" response.  What I would like right now is for someone from Roku to contact me so that I can return this unit and get my money back.  This update has made my device no longer functional and therefore I would like my money back.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@jazzer94 

Thanks for the update.

If you have tried all the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page and still need further assistance with your issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the troubleshooting steps you have taken. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I’m also in this boat all my other devices are connected to my WiFi network. I know my password, I’ve used it for my other devices. My Roku sees my network asks for my password then will not accept it and yes it’s easy and correct. No special characters. So please I know how to put in my password. The nice thing is I’m obviously Not alone in my password dilemma. Does anyone have a fix for me? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Renee930 

Thanks for the post.

If you are not able to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos