Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HappyDave

will a US Roku work in the UK

Jump to solution

So I've been using a Roku 3 for years but its getting a bit slow now with you tube etc.

Was looking at importing  the new ulta 4802R from the US as Roku think the UK is only worth supporting with sticks and I quite like the idea of a wired ethernet connection like my old 3.

So, I have to take a hit in taxes and I'll have to get a new transformer to cope with 240voltage (Possibly my old 3 would work) but otherwise I'm assuming this would work ok?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: will a US Roku work in the UK

Jump to solution

@HappyDave

Thanks for the inquiry.

You can activate any Roku Player or TV to any Roku account, however, channel availability/access will vary from region to region. Channels that are currently available in any given region are certified for the Roku devices sold in that region.

For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about which Roku devices they support their channel (app) on in your current region. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: will a US Roku work in the UK

Jump to solution

@HappyDave

Thanks for the inquiry.

You can activate any Roku Player or TV to any Roku account, however, channel availability/access will vary from region to region. Channels that are currently available in any given region are certified for the Roku devices sold in that region.

For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about which Roku devices they support their channel (app) on in your current region. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos