Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jer43

usb power error message roku tv

Jump to solution

i have broken USB- little plastic piece in the exterior USB port of my ROLU TV. I get an error message "This USB device requires more power. Use power adapter if available." I want this message to go away. I do not need the USB port for anything. .

How do I get this message off of my Hisense 50 inch Roku tv? 

model#50R6+

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: usb power error message roku tv

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Schehlcarol!

It is highly appreciated that you've reached out to us for support and we'd be more than happy to assist you with anything. 

Could you please clarify if you are having the same issue as posted above? If so, kindly consider following the methods below:

1. Try a different USB Port - Some USB ports have different power characteristics. Connecting your streaming player to a different USB port on your TV may resolve the issue.
  2. Connect power to power outlet - Using the included USB cable and USB power adaptor (if included), connect your streaming player to a working power outlet in the wall. If your streaming player did not come with a USB power adaptor, see our article on powering your streaming player.
  3. Verify that you are using the USB cable that came with your Roku streaming player - If you are using any USB cable other than the one that came with your streaming player, replace it with the one that came with your player.

For further information and reference, kindly visit our official support article on What to do if the red light is flashing, or you see a "low-power" warning.

Let us know how it goes and we'll continue assisting you from there. Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Jer43

Thanks for the inquiry.

The error message is most likely being prompted by the broken piece in the USB port of the TV. Have you tried removing the broken piece from the USB port to see if the error message goes away?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have that same error and my usb port isn't broken  l want that error gone but TCL don't no what to do.i need help!anyone no about this problem 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Chrissylane1970

Thanks for the post.

The issue you are experiencing may be related to a hardware related problem. Have you tried contacting TCL support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS.

You can reach them here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

how do I do that 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Schehlcarol!

It is highly appreciated that you've reached out to us for support and we'd be more than happy to assist you with anything. 

Could you please clarify if you are having the same issue as posted above? If so, kindly consider following the methods below:

1. Try a different USB Port - Some USB ports have different power characteristics. Connecting your streaming player to a different USB port on your TV may resolve the issue.
  2. Connect power to power outlet - Using the included USB cable and USB power adaptor (if included), connect your streaming player to a working power outlet in the wall. If your streaming player did not come with a USB power adaptor, see our article on powering your streaming player.
  3. Verify that you are using the USB cable that came with your Roku streaming player - If you are using any USB cable other than the one that came with your streaming player, replace it with the one that came with your player.

For further information and reference, kindly visit our official support article on What to do if the red light is flashing, or you see a "low-power" warning.

Let us know how it goes and we'll continue assisting you from there. Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos