Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
katrhoades

is there a limit of rokus on an account

is there a limit of rokus I can have on my account? I would like another for my grandson, but I want to make sure it is ok . 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: is there a limit of rokus on an account

@katrhoades 

Short answer. Yes, you can place multiple Roku devices on the same account (email address).

https://support.roku.com/article/360000321787

--- 

By using the same account, each device is "linked" to that account.  Channels/apps and subscriptions purchased through Roku are also linked to the account.  Therefore, if you add or remove a channel/app from one device, it will be added/removed from all "linked" devices on that account.

Although I do not see an official maximum number of devices that can be linked to the same account, users have reported twenty (20) devices to be the limit.

Just use the same email address as you did with your other Roku device in order to link the Roku devices if you wish to share everything across all the linked devices.

Regarding subscriptions, this only affects subscriptions purchased "through" Roku.  Many users prefer to subscribe directly with the provider (and pay the provider directly) which not only gives you the ability to also watch on non-Roku devices, but does not affect the Roku account as a whole. (you can remove from one Roku device and still have it accessible to another).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
makaiguy

@katrhoades-

I believe you can have up to 25 Rokus linked to a single account.  I've not been able to find this in writing anywhere though.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@makaiguy 

The closest I saw to anything official was a posting by @RokuJonathanD from 2021 (https://community.roku.com/t5/Roku-Developer-Program/How-many-roku-player-can-i-link-to-one-account/...) indicating 20 as a limit.

Certainly could have changed.  Perhaps Roku should add the actual number to their support page regarding instructions how to link Roku devices to an account. 

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
makaiguy

I likely just remembered wrong.  20 could very well be the number.

I only ever ran into this one time when trying to add a new Roku to my account.  I received a bogus error message saying I was trying to exceed the (whatever number) limit of devices on my account.   As this was only the 3rd device, and even if you counted older devices I had taken off the account the number would be far short of 20, so the message was clearly in error.  Roku was able to reset something on my account and I've not seen the error message since.

I've always just thought they screwed something up when trying to get this $#&*!! Khoros forum software to correctly show my linked devices.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.