Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adrefs
Channel Surfer

iPhone or MacBook no longer "see" my Roku, what happened?

I have frequently connected either my MacBook or my iPhone to my Roku Ultra in my living room.  On both devices when I selected the Airplay icon I would see two options: Apple TV or Roku.  Suddenly, over the last few weeks the Roku option has disappeared, and I can't figure out why.  Strangely though, if I select the Roku remote app on my phone it connects immediately and works flawlessly.  So it is obvious that my phone can indeed connect to the Roku Ultra but everything else has stopped.  Can someone help me figure this out please????????  I've power cycled, updated and reset to no avail......

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
adrefs
Channel Surfer

Re: iPhone or MacBook no longer "see" my Roku, what happened?

Does anyone look at these posts??????  How many more days will it take for some sort of response?

0 Kudos
MysteryL_
Reel Rookie

iPhone won’t connect to AirPlay on Roku 8402x, but its on 10.5 and AirPlay shows in settings?

So I recently got a new iPhone 13 and with it came a free Apple fitness trial. I want to mirror my workout to my tv but I can’t get my phone to connect to my Roku. I checked the network and made sure my tv was running on the right software but nothing works. My tv pops up under AirPlay and Screen Mirror but I keep getting an “unable to connect” message. Any ideas on what’s going wrong?

0 Kudos

Re: !!Update Problem Solved!! iPhone won’t connect to AirPlay on Roku Tv,

Same problem, how did you solve it?

0 Kudos

Re: !!Update Problem Solved!! iPhone won’t connect to AirPlay on Roku Tv,

Mine stopped working too! And it worked perfectly fine until yesterday. Now there’s no response from device however I can still use the remote. I’ve tried to delete it and reinstall that didn’t help. It’s aggravating. How did you resolve it?

0 Kudos