Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Clemo

Youtube home button stopped displaying content

Starting on 01 May 2023 the home button on the youtube app on all 4 of my Roku devices stopped displaying content and now only display "return to top". All other features work normally. No changes were made to my settings. My youtube account works fine on PC's and mobile devices. I have check for updates for both roku and youtube app and rebooted, reset, reinstalled and followed al the usual list of troubleshooting recommendations but  nothing has changed. Makes youtube useless on roku if you can't see any content from the home screen. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
rwf71

Re: Youtube home button stopped displaying content

I hope some one has an answer as I have the same problem with the Roku app for YouTube on my ONN Roku TV. And I agree it makes it useless without the "proper" content displayed on the home screen.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Youtube home button stopped displaying content

Hello @rwf71

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at Roku.

Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel and then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos