Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Youtube app audio is skipping and choppy with Private Listening

this worked for me!!!!   thank you, JSongne!

I'm on an Iphone 12 ,, using  Powerbeats Pro

"Go to the Roku app settings(the little cog wheel on the remote for the device) while you’re connected and playing a video in YouTube. Select audio delay and then select manual adjust put it at the max then put it to 0 ms. Go back to the first screen with the toggle for private listening and turn it off and on."

Carlosamn81
Reel Rookie

I change the video quality and it fixed it for a sec then it when back to skipping. I went from 1080p to 240p. 

0 Kudos
Carlosamn81
Reel Rookie

I also turned on screen reader and it’s working, this is not a fix but it’s a temporary solution. 

0 Kudos

Awesome thank you so much I just tried that fix and looks like it worked. Again thank you!!

Timo154

This was really frustrating the **bleep** out of me. I couldn't find what you mentioned bit I turned on the screen reader on and it solved the audio issue but now I get talking while I search when a video is playing. Atleast I can listen to music again

tinkerer

I have been having same problem using bt airpods with my iphone to listen.  Best success I’ve had is pausing the video for a longer time like 30 seconds and then hitting play again.  It seems to fix itself, after the video buffer gets caught up/ahead….

0 Kudos
stevects
Reel Rookie

Same here.

Only combination of Youtube, Private Listening with Bluetooth, and Streaming Stick device has this issue.

Other apps all fine.

Wired Headphones fine.

Youtube private listening with bluetooth headset on Roku Ultra fine (same phone/headset as used with stick)

0 Kudos
BoomersKnow
Reel Rookie

Found a fix. Open Roku app on your phone. Go to the Remote screen. At the top of the screen, tap Settings (the gear icon). At the bottom of settings is a section called Sound with one selection called "Adjust audio delay". Doing that resolved my crackling issues.

stevects
Reel Rookie

Thanks. This worked. Audio still is slightly distorted at times but 90% better than it was.

0 Kudos
stripelesstiger
Channel Surfer

Wow, I'm surprised the Screen Reader thing works.

Though its very annoying to browse youtube with it on.