Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PeteWalker74
Channel Surfer

Re: Youtube app audio is skipping and choppy with Private Listening

Wow. Is this really what we’re relegated to? Man, what a PIA. I cannot wait for a sale on an Apple TV. Not a whiff of video or audio issues anywhere.

0 Kudos
Satcruiser
Reel Rookie

After several attempts at the audio delay adjustment with the TV I finally got it to work.  The audio is still not perfect but definitely usable.

0 Kudos
Satcruiser
Reel Rookie

I had to try this several times to get it to work.  If you are using a Roku TV make sure the lights are on and you follow the instructions by centering the image in the square in the app.  I had to try several times before I got it to work.

Piddlesticks
Reel Rookie

The audio delay has worked for me on 2 separate TVs with my ear buds and my headphones so far.  My phone is a Pixel 6, android obviously.  The phone settings must be set to allow camera and microphone permissions for the Roku remote app.  With the TV on and the Roku remote app on the phone playing a YouTube video with private listening activated I selected Roku remote settings and selected audio delay and followed the on phone screen instructions.  Previously I didn't have the microphone and/or camera permissions set on my phone properly for the Roku remote app audio delay setting to work.  Everything is now working perfectly so far.  Fingers crossed.

Sherid441
Reel Rookie

After doing the “Adjust audio delay” for the 6th or 7th time it finally worked!!! 🙌🏻

0 Kudos
rcamp76
Reel Rookie

This worked for me too!  It's not perfect, but much better

0 Kudos
PeteWalker74
Channel Surfer

Thanks for that info, bud. In my case, I verified that Roku has access to both the camera and mic. What confuses me is why *just* YouTube and no other app?

Maybe it's just my anecdotal experience, but there seem to be issues with the YT app regardless of the platform. For example, once I start a video (say at 1080p), I can set the playback speed the 1.5x, and it stays at 1080p at the set speed. When it goes to the next video in my Watch Later playlist, it will keep it at 1.5x but drop the quality down to 480p. I then have to set it to Normal playback speed, change the resolution, and then set the speed back to 1.5x. It's not deal-breaking, but annoying as **bleep**.

0 Kudos
RZBOB
Reel Rookie

I tried this. So far so good! Time will tell. Thanks!

RZBOB
Reel Rookie

By this, I  mean setting the audio delay

Tpp1971
Channel Surfer

That’s the way I feel……still working for me too three days in. Fingers crossed.