Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
doryxo

Why when i want to cast a video to my tv, my tv is not under the options?

Jump to solution

Hello, i’m new to the roku community since i finally have my own that i bought. my mom has a small roku i would use to cast from my macbook to there. when i want to cast a video from my macbook to my my roku tv , it’s nowhere under the options (yes my tv has a specific name). i can screen mirror but id prefer to hit the cast button option instead. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Why when i want to cast a video to my tv, my tv is not under the options?

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @doryxo!

It is highly appreciated that you've reached out for support and we'd be more than happy to further assist you in utilizing the screen mirroring feature on your Roku TV.

We are glad to hear that you can still use the screen mirroring feature and we would be happy to assist you with directly mirroring your screen from your MacBook. For more information, please visit our official support website on How to cast apps like YouTube or Netflix from your phone to a TV.

We'll be anticipating your update and see how it goes. Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Why when i want to cast a video to my tv, my tv is not under the options?

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @doryxo!

It is highly appreciated that you've reached out for support and we'd be more than happy to further assist you in utilizing the screen mirroring feature on your Roku TV.

We are glad to hear that you can still use the screen mirroring feature and we would be happy to assist you with directly mirroring your screen from your MacBook. For more information, please visit our official support website on How to cast apps like YouTube or Netflix from your phone to a TV.

We'll be anticipating your update and see how it goes. Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos