Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Banke

Re: "We've made an important update" is stuck on screen

Try the remote app on your phone. Some of the buttons on my physical remote doesn’t even work. **bleep** TV

0 Kudos
SSmartasky

Re: When you press ok to Agree Dispute Resolution Terms nothing happens.

This NEARLY bricked my TCL Roku TV device because I don't have the remote. Not much thought in this update to make TVs without remotes dysfunctional.

But I was able to at least respond to the dialog and get the TV working with a remote app on my iphone.

Note the RokuTV RC app on iphone didn't work for me because it couldn't find the TV. You must have your iphone connected to the same wifi network as your TV. I did but still the RokuTV RC app could not find the TV.

so I had to install the TV Remote App. This also could not find the TV on the wifi but at least it had the option to set the IP Address. I signed into my router and located the IP address, which was 192.168.1.200. Entering this I could at least get the remote to work and hit the * and accept the new terms.

Let's say I don't really accept the terms because I'm irritated about the hour I spent working through all this, and frustrated I can't use the TV I've used since 2018 until I accepted their agreement. I don't even use any of the ROKU app streaming services. This TV is simply an extra monitor for my laptop, and sometimes an XBOX display.

Hopefully this helps some and others can just agree with the frustrations.

0 Kudos

Good Bye Roku. My next TV won't be you.

JOB2001

Dearest Mary,

Your response to requests about frozen TV's is pure bull**bleep**. This is happening to a great number of TVs. You need to solve it. Since you've damaged my TV by freezing it prior to my agreeing to your new prohibitions, I may just have to contact my legal representative. Get this fixed!!

0 Kudos
RockOn
Channel Surfer

Press Home 5x, Back 5x.
This key sequence is designed to clear a stuck dialog, report the issue, and return to the home screen.

Whenever a Roku device is stuck on a screen or misbehaving,
press [Home, Home, Home, Home, Home, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back] to report the issue.
When this key sequence succeeds, the Roku device pops up a dialog that shows details on the issue [time, date, device model, ...]. When this issue dialog is dismissed, the user ought to be returned to the home screen, and no longer stuck in the Agree Dispute Resolution Terms.

0 Kudos
Jle1981

Download the Roku all on your phone and use the remote on the app!! That’s the only way it help me accept 

0 Kudos
KTM77777

What’s the solution?? It has been on my screen for about a month. Please help 

0 Kudos
mop_891
Roku Guru

Re: Victory to the customer!!!!!!

Once again the terms of use have always included arbitration. That part is nothing new, This last change added mass arbitration. If many people had the same issues the cases would be combined, The problem here is people, up to now, had no idea what the terms of use are, Don't like these terms? Well if you have Netflix and/or Hulu better get rid of those too. Same terms of use.

0 Kudos
Nyokarlj

Finally!!! Using the app’s remote allowed me to accept terms and move pass this frustrating screen. Thx! 😎

0 Kudos
Noelngah

I have the same problem,  I pressed the * button but it is not yet resolved. I need to read the whole page but my remote is not working.  I can't scroll down.  I have the TCL Roku TV. I don't know what else to do!

0 Kudos