Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vik2356
Reel Rookie

Update 11.0.0.4193 doesn't update

Jump to solution

I can't get my Roku player to update to the system version 11.0.0.4193. it was on version 10.5.0 I think and it tried a couple of times to update itself. It went through the update without error but ended up back on the old version.

I tried doing a factory refresh and going through the setup process again from scratch. Now each time I connect to WiFi, it attempts to update to the latest version, restarts, and then it takes me through connecting to the WiFi, and attempts to update again, then restarts again, and so on. It's stuck in an endless loop of trying to update and restarting.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Update 11.0.0.4193 doesn't update

Jump to solution

@Vik2356 

Just for the update, try connecting via a hotspot rather than your WiFi and see if that works.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@Vik2356 

Some ISPs have been modifying their wireless router settings to something that is difficult for Roku devices on the 2.4 GHz band. And the 3930 model Roku Express is 2.4 GHz only. All the other current devices are dual band, and can operate on both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands. I'm not proclaiming that as the problem, but it's a possible it's a contributing factor. The hotspot method may help confirm if that's possibly involved in the issue.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@Vik2356 

Just for the update, try connecting via a hotspot rather than your WiFi and see if that works.

DBDukes

0 Kudos
Vik2356
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Ok I'll try that. I forgot to say the model is a 3930X.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@Vik2356 

Some ISPs have been modifying their wireless router settings to something that is difficult for Roku devices on the 2.4 GHz band. And the 3930 model Roku Express is 2.4 GHz only. All the other current devices are dual band, and can operate on both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands. I'm not proclaiming that as the problem, but it's a possible it's a contributing factor. The hotspot method may help confirm if that's possibly involved in the issue.

DBDukes

0 Kudos
Vik2356
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for that advice. I managed to apply the update by connecting to a Powerline WiFi extender box plugged into my electrical socket. As you say it couldn't seem to do it through my normal router. After updating I connected back to the router and it streams fine.

Frankmaz
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I found connecting via my hotspot allowed me to update my Roku.

0 Kudos