Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Althea64
Reel Rookie

Re: Tv turns off and on by itself

Jump to solution

I think you might be correct. I restarted Roku many times to no avail. I did all troubleshooting steps known to me, no change. It always turns on in the middle of the night. I had my tv for almost a year now and it just started to do this this month. I wonder if it is a flaw in one of their updates.

0 Kudos
Althea64
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I think I found the culprit. My boyfriend's Xbox. He has his own Roku account and plugged his Xbox into my TV. I figured this out after I contacted Roku Tech support and when they sent me the recap to our chat, it had his name on it, even though I was signed into my account at the time of the chat. Looks like his Xbox is interfering with my Roku account, trying to override it with his login. I will test it further and update.  

Jump to solution

most annoying thing ever. i have 6 TVs and only the 3 roku TVs do this. random shut off. sometimes it’s after it’s been on an hour sometimes a minute. everything is updated. same outlets they have always been plugged into. i have clears the power saving options but like i said it could happen after 1 minute and it’s doesn’t que you just turns off. one of these is out on the porch where it wouldn’t have interference from other remote devices. one TV is 4 years old. one is less than a year and one is brand new, less than a week old. they all do it. it’s obviously something roku did to their software through remote upgrades. very disappointing. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

we don’t have an xbox or anything else and only one account so not sure that matters. this happens every day all day. literally happened while i was writing my last message 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @topcatteddy,

Thank you for keeping us posted, and welcome to the Roku Community!
We understand you're having a problem with your Roku TV since it was turning off and on by itself. We're happy to assist you. Please try to restart your Roku TV by going to settings, system, power, and system restart.

If the problem still persists, please ensure that you have firmly plugged in the power cord through your wall outlet.

We hope this helps.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kari_1013

Jump to solution

Roku TV is powering off and on continually, within seconds.  I've tried a factory reset but I've only been able to connect to wifi.  When I try to log into the roku account, I've been able to get to the point where it's loading the channels, however that's when it really powers off and restarts within seconds, not allowing the setup to continue.  This is where I need to start the process again of logging into the roku account.

I've unplugged, reset factory settings.  What do I do next?

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Kari_1013,

Thank you for keeping us updated here in the Roku Community! 

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

If you need anything else, please let us know.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

My 55 in tv just recently stated saying THANKING.... always around 6 to 605 Central eastern time zone. And like someone else said in my other  room I have a 60 in RUKU TV(both are  smart tv not a RUKU stick) I say that because someone eles on here had the same problem with the RUKU stick I would leave to go use the restroom or something and my other TV came on. I thought I was being hacked or something. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I've done both and neither work

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

There are too many of us having the exact same problem. @ROKU needs to get their **** together and fix their system,  recall these TVs or offer repair. Sending us to the TV manufacturer is just kicking the can down the road

0 Kudos